Re: Shared library annoyance with gcc-3_0-branch

What does this imply for the future?

Right now on my alpha I have installed 2.95.1, 2.95.2, the current
gcc-3_0-branch, and a profiled gcc-3_0-branch (and I can give what I
consider to be a reasonable reason to use each of them in different
circumstances).  If they were all built with shared libraries that they
didn't know the location of, I'd have to change my LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
reconfigure my applications or change my makefiles by hand each time I
wanted to try to compile something with a different version of gcc?
This doesn't make sense to me.

Is the following suggestion of Theodore Papadopoulo reasonable?  I
didn't find a response on the mail list.

> Wouldn't it be possible to allow gcc's installer to specify at
> configure time a -Wl,... flag to be added in the spec file ???

Brad