Re: -fcse-follow-jumps and -fcse-skip-blocks and GCSE

    I recently, wanting to get a buttload of statistics for the new
    register allocator, hooked up gdbm  to gcc, and had it store a lot of
    these types of statistics that were dumped to files before, in a
    database on a per-function basis, along with the RTL for that
    function.

    Made it a ton easier to do analysis on it, as i just used simple
    python scripts.

    I'll check out the stats on these options, and post the results.

That sort of static analysis is interesting, but what's really important
is looking at the performance change on some benchmarks.