Re: Web pages still refer to Chill

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Joseph S. Myers <jsm28@cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>
> > In fact, I wonder whether we should remove Chill from the tree, as
> > apparently there is no interest at all in this.
>
> Converting Chill to use gc is on the projects page; I think it would be a
> reasonable candidate to go on Zack's list of projects for beginners (most
> of the work being fairly mecahnical removal of obstack manipulation and
> registration of gc roots).

So it's easy. :-)

> ... But, for a volunteer to work on it, it would
> probably help if Red Hat were to do the work to get clearance from their
> customer to release their Chill testsuite (mentioned before on the mailing
> lists).

Having just volunteered for this v3-conversion task having a test suite
available would be useful.

> Chill should surely get excluded from the 3.0 release tarballs / diffs if
> not fixed by then though.

When is "then".

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!

--

<>< Re: deemed!