Re: gcc

On Feb  2, 2001, "Aimin Pan" <aimin.pan@broadvision.com> wrote:

> How can I specify the secondary directory when configuring?

I think you don't really want to do that.

I suggest that you configure GCC with --enable-languages=c
--prefix=/some/temporary/pathname, run `make all' instead of `make
bootstrap', then `make install' this temporary copy of GCC.  Then,
clean up this build tree and start over using the just-built copy of
GCC to build the final compiler.

There are certainly other work-arounds, but then you'll probably end
up with a compiler that either doesn't search /usr/include (which is
odd), or that has headers incompatible with those in /usr/include in
its own headers directory.