Re: Live range splitting in new allocator

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 09:33:34AM +0100, Christian Iseli wrote:
> > Well, it would be better than what currently exists... as far as I knowm
> > uninitialized locals tend to have value zero with -O0, which curiously enough,
> > tends to hide many more bugs than any possible other choice...
>
> Just a thought, but if someone goes to the trouble of implementing some automatic initialization,
> it might be good to have a flag that says something like -finitialize-all=<some value>
>
> Then you test your code using
>  -finitialize-all=0
>  -finitialize-all=0xdeadbeef
>  -finitialize-all=random

Ummm, -finitialize-stack[=value] would seem to make more sense than
initialize-all, since you would not be initializing the statics or globals (or
possibly the registers).

--
Michael Meissner, Red Hat, Inc.  (GCC group)
Work:	  meissner@redhat.com		phone: +1 978-486-9304