Political correctness ? Re: Linux Programming

In article <Pine.BSF.4.31.0101291313010.56113-100000@taygeta.dbai.tuwien.ac.at> you write:
>On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Mike Stump wrote:
>> Not here.  Try your local bookstore, failing that amazon.com, failing
>> that your local library [...]
>
>We should not recommend amazon.com on public GNU mailing lists, rather
>to the contrary.

My, and I was thinking the current gcc project was an offspring from egcs.
Is it yet another liberty that was abandonned when switching to the FSF
rules ?

I tend to see the gcc mailing-lists as a public development forum for gcc,
not a politically-correct springboard for the FSF. I believe there is a
large proportion of people here that are mostly concerned with gcc
development, some of whom agreed with the gcc/egcs merge for purely technical
reasons.

Refering to the Mission Statement, I still see:
* Open mailing lists

I really, really hope FSF political correctness can stay out of this.
Of course, I won't go out of my way to annoy the FSF, and I do even agree
for purely moral reasons that boycotting Amazon is a bad idea.

Specifically, this mailing-list is a gcc development list *first* that
happens to be hosted on gcc.gnu.org.

If my interpretation is wrong, please tell me. I love getting disillusionned.