Re: --disable-new-gxx-abi

On 24 Jan 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2001, Daniel Berlin <dberlin@redhat.com> wrote:

> >> Maybe because GDB still doesn't support the v3 ABI, and people who're
> >> building GCC like that are the kind of people who think debugging code
> >> with a debugger is still the way to go? :-)
> > Define support.
> > We support the mangling.
> > Basically everything but virtual functions will work, and
> > virtual functions might work with dwarf2.
>
> Well, some of the GDB folks at Red Hat have been discussing how much
> the new ABI has hosed the GDB testsuite.  Maybe I misunderstood and
> it's just some cosmetic issues in the demangler?

Yes, I know.
It was actually that libstdc++-v3 wasn't in the library path, and then you
had a demangler issue, which is now fixed, methinks.

Also, we don't expect to see two constructors/copy operators, and we do,
etc
There are patches to fix the testsuite.

Basically, the testsuite is having trouble, rather than GDB.
:)

> > As the C++ support maintainer for GDB, i'm catching up as fast as I can.
>
> I didn't mean to be pushy.  On the contrary :-)

:)
--Dan