Re: Testsuite and Fortran

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> The testsuite's behavior is as expected.

Well, expected by someone as intimately familiar with it as you. :-)

However, I promised to approach the testsuite (installation, running
tests, and interpreting them) as a naive user and, frankly, I have
found it relatively hard using our testsuite.

> If it can't find suitable binaries for testing in the current
> directory, then it will run them out of your path.  It's not that
> uncommon to want to run the testsuite against an installed compiler.

Then there should be an expert mode, `make check-installed`, or something
like that, but I strongly feel that the current default behavior is not
appropriate.

The current default behavior certainly produces results not expected by
regular users and this is bad. (Note that Toone, for example, agreed with
me.)

Gerald