Re: GCC 3.0 Branch Status

> >Hmm.  I don't know what to make of that at all.
> >
> >Can you make any  progress debugging it?
>
> Turns out it was a local screw-up.  I had an old, broken version of the linker
> sequestered in /usr/local/armv4l-unknown-linux-gnu/bin, and this was of course
> being picked up in preference to the (working) one in /usr/bin.  Anyway, I've
> fixed this now and the bootstrap completed successfully.  The tests are
> running now but they won't be done until tomorrow morning.

Bizzare.  I had exactly the same problem in reverse!  That is, my linker
in /usr/bin was segfaulting there, but the one I had sequestered away on
my own path was fine.  The results however, were similar -- my autobuild
scripts used to fail, while a manual 'gnumake bootstra' was working OK.

> The "can't bootstrap without --disable-checking" syndrome still bothers me a
> bit, but I'm completely baffled by that one.

I bootstrapped Friday's sources on my Netwinder without a problem; both
with and without checking enabled.

What I'm most concerned about is that the autobuild at NetWinder.org is
still failing -- it seems to be showing all the hallmarks of using the
pre-fixed copy of reload1.c.  Rod, can you check that it really is
building from the latest sources?

Richard.