Re: redhat rawhide

"mitch(rezn)" <gte203h@prism.gatech.edu> writes:

> I decided to check out redhat's rawhide directory and of course they
> have gcc 2.96 in there even after the whole redhat 7.0 battle with it.
> Is anyone going to smack some sense into them? Granted, they still have
> time to change it but it would be some major bullshit to see redhat ship
> their next distro with gcc 2.96. However, if they care to continue
> making themselves look bad over such small issues, I suppose that's
> their problem.

And what else do you propose they ship, given that gcc 3.0 has not been
released yet?

If you actually think about it you should realize that, whatever you
may think about the decision to ship "2.96" in RedHat 7, at this point
the most sane and responsible thing is probably to use the same compiler
(with only minor/critical bug-fixes), until 3.0 is released.  IMNSHO.
--
	--Per Bothner