Re: "introduce no new bootstrap warning" criteria. was: Loop iv debugging, patch

 > From: Russ Allbery <rra at stanford dot edu>
 >
 > Another problem that I ran into recently is the SIG_DFL macro in
 > <sys/signal.h> on Solaris causing warnings with -Wstrict-prototypes,
 > which makes it harder to track down missing prototypes in old code
 > that used to be K&R (and similarly prevents -Werror from being used,
 > which is what I'd originally intended on doing).  Fixing things like
 > that would require adding a prototype to a function pointer constant,
 > which doesn't sound like very much fun.

I put code in the trunk in August to avoid prototype warnings for
function pointer casts on integer constants for exactly this problem.

However not all bogus warnings are addressable like this one was.

--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Engagement Manager / Project Services
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Qwest Internet Solutions