Re: value of $CXX when building libraries

Phil Edwards <pedwards@disaster.jaj.com> writes:

| On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 09:22:24AM +0100, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| >
| > Well, now I'm wondering: which value should be used to compiler and
| > library tests?  libstdc++/tests_flags.in is already doing flags
| > computations; maybe we could start from there...
|
| That's very true.  That script does nearly all the work already.  A makefile
| rule could either call it, parse the results, and then use those values
| directly; we wouldn't ever need a 'bin' directory.

Oh God, you're right.  I think 'tests_flags --compiler' actually gives
the right answer (now that I'm awaken, I think there is no need for
further parsing, am I again being dense?)
Per could you try that option?

Maybe we should give that file a better name.

Thanks Phil,

-- Gaby
CodeSourcery, LLC                       http://www.codesourcery.com