Re: Subreg-byte patches (was: Branching for GCC 3.0)

  In message <Pine.BSF.4.31.0101090129360.27889-100000@deneb.dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
you write:
  > > No, the patch is used on all platforms (ie. alpha, x86, sparc, sparc64 at
  > > least, plus I think some people are using the same source on powerpc) all
  > > the time.
  >
  > In my opinion that means we should really consider integrating it into our
  > mainline ASAP, and in fact an additional release criterion for GCC 3.0.
Well, as Richard mentioned, there is an alternate solution.  It has
performance drawbacks for the code generated for the sparc64 though.

Part of me wants badly to get the SUBREG_BYTE stuff installed, but part of
me also wants to avoid it given its size and potential for causing problems.

jeff