Exception handling in C++

Is there any way to get a C++ exception through C-code? Take the
following schematic of a call stack as an example.

---
C++ code

throw()
---

---
C-code

X for example
---

---
C++ code

catch()
---

In the real code I can catch the exception being thrown right to the
last method in the call stack that is written in C++, then the
application goes belly up. This is on exit and I have another way to get
out without throwing the exception. However, I would like to know if
there is any way to make this work, and if there is how. I realize there
is nothing that says this has to work, it would just be nice if it
would.

Thanks, any help comments are appreciated.

Robert

--
Robert Schweikert                      MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
rjschwei@mindspring.com                         LINUX