Re: Branching for GCC 3.0

> From: dewar@gnat.com
> Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
> Date: Sun,  7 Jan 2001 21:08:45 -0500 (EST)
>
> We certainly consider the support of 64-bit Ultrasparc to be very
> important, and we definitely need this for the first complete GNAT
> release using 3.x.

I believe Red Hat has a similar opinion for its Sparc Linux releases,
and so we used the subreg-byte patches for our Linux compilers.  We
also used them for our Solaris compilers for Sun.

(Of course, these statements are irrelevant to the 3.0 release since
it will not have Ada and will not be a Red Hat compiler.  Hopefully
the 3.1 release will have Ada, but hopefully it won't require the
subreg-byte patches just to get Ada into the tree.)

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>