Re: Another build problem under hpux 10.20 with current cvs source

>   In message <200101050412.XAA26869@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>you write:
>   > >
>   > > On Jan  5, 2001, "John David Anglin" <dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca> wrote:
>   > >
>   > > > The following error occurs in stage 2:
>   > > > ./genextract ../../gcc/config/pa/pa.md > tmp-extract.c
>   > > > /bin/sh: 20282 Memory fault(coredump)
>   > >
>   > > Yep.  This one has been there for a couple of weeks :-(
>   >
>   > I just discovered that your calls.c patch fixes this problem, so it
>   > must be related to the deletion of insns which store arguments passed
>   > by reference.  My current build is completely stock except for
>   > your unreviewed patch from Dec. 30 to instantiate virtual-stack-vars.
>   > I had removed the calls.c patch before.
> Odd.  I don't get that failure.

I dropped to -O2 and I am passed the failure point.  This might be rename
registers clobbering the return pointer again.  That one is hard to trace
because the machine goes off to never-never-land.  We need to find a solution
that you like for the return pointer bug.

> I did a bootstrap today with just a twiddle to reorg.c to avoid the
> abort due to the virtual stack vars problem.

The abort is in resource.c.  What did you do to reorg?

Dave