Re: RFA: how to handle union wait portably?

On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 09:38:01PM -0800, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> How would it know that it ought not be able to compile something that
> compiles and works 100% correctly? By ESP?

By writing code that should return an error from the
compiler but doesn't.

> Would you mind using more respectful terminology? PCC is not broken...

Yes it is.  Forget ISO C, the language definition I know as K&R
doesn't allow nonsense like applying structure member tags to
non-structures.  Or for that matter, applying structure member
tags to structures that do not contain that member, which IIRC
is another PCC bug.

And please leave off with the advocacy.  It's tiring.

r~