Re: Policy on commiting clearly correct patches

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000, Kazu Hirata wrote:
> Could someone tell if those listed under Write After Approval are
> generally qualified for committing clearly correct patches?

Yes, they are, for "obvious" patches...

> I have patches for the h8300 port to fix obvious comment typos, a
> misspelling of an assembly opcode, etc.

...like typos.

From http://gcc.gnu.org/cvswrite.html:

 Also note that fixes for obvious typos in ChangeLog files, docs, web
 pages, comments and similar stuff need not be approved. Just check in
 the fix. We don't want to get overly anal about checkin policies.

Gerald