Re: FWIW: VAX fix backport and gcc built on 4.3BSD first time ever!

In article <0012142041.AA07040@ivan.Harhan.ORG> you write:
>Hi there,
>
>I know you guys don't want this in the 2.95.3 release, but I thought I would
>still post it for anybody who finds it useful. IMHO, this patch from the trunk
>from a while ago:
>
>: Wed Aug 25 01:36:11 1999  John David Anglin  <dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>
>:
>:         * calls.c (emit_call_1): Use call_pop/call_value_pop for all values
>:         of n_popped when call/call_value are not defined.

The gcc used in OpenBSD does have additions to vax.md for precisely that
problem. Namely, it defines call_pop and call_value_pop (I think... I'm
not too familiar with that).

This might not be the cleanest solution, but I can vouch that
vax-unknown-openbsd28 is a reality.

As far as 2.95.3 goes, a patch to vax.md would have a larger chance of
going in, wouldn't it ? considering it won't affect other arches and vax
is broken without it...

I realize this is probably not the Right Thing to do under those circumstances.
But if we all sit on our collective bottoms and wait for the Right Guy to
come in and do the Right Thing for vax, we may have to wait until gcc 5.0...
at which point no-one will care, as vax will finally have been retired,
one hundred years from now.