Re: RTEMS m68k target changes

> Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 15:49:06 -0600
> From: Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com>

> Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > >         * config/m68k/rtemself.h (INIT_SECTION_ASM_OP,
> > > FINI_SECTION_ASM_OP,
> > >         EH_FRAME_SECTION_ASM_OP): Remove leading "tab".
> >
> > Are you sure?  You shouldn't need to, since about two months.
> > (Although GAS normally doesn't mind.)
>
> What changed 2 months ago?  gcc or binutils?

GCC, which your patch is addressing ;-) was changed in that
macros called something .*ASM.*_OP are now supposed to contain
necessary surrounding spacing, like a leading and trailing TAB
character.

> This was reported by an RTEMS user.  It is possible this was
> spurious.  When are the tabs required/not required?

Now required by definition sort of; see above.  Not so for 2.95.2.

> This set of patches started out as one against 2.95.2.  I would
> suspect that most RTEMS users using late model gcc's are using
> binutils 2.10 since we have switched targets to ELF as that
> support matured.

Binutils version (mostly) irrelevant for this.  It so happens
that GAS accepts it without a leading TAB character.

brgds, H-P