Re: Testsuite documentation

On Sun, 26 Nov 2000, Tim Prince wrote:
> I'd suggest mentioning that LANGUAGES='c++ f77 objc gcov' is sufficient to
> build all the components which are tested in the standard test suite

Hmm, what's the intention? For, if someone has to verify a patch to
the backend, she has to bootstrap the entire compiler suite anyway,
as part of the commit criteria. (And the list above just omits java,
right?)

Furthermore, isn't LANGUAGES deprecated in favor of --enable-languages
now?

> Maybe some explanation of what is to be expected of the mangling tests
> (not clear on that myself), or the environment variable settings
> expected.

Yes, certainly!

Could someone contribute a bit of documentation on the mangling?

And/or any relevant information on the environment settings that is
missing from the current page?

Gerald