Re: Solaris build failure because of wchar_t handling?

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 04:49:04PM -0800, Eric Christopher wrote:

> Yup.  Definitely looks like candidate #1 for being broken.  Technically
> a solaris bug and should probably be reported to them, but I'll see what
> I can whip up for fixincludes as well.  Since we currently don't do much
> with Solaris's header files I'll take all advice as to what we should do
> :)

The same logic also shows up in /usr/include/libintl.h, as I'm finding as
I try workarounds...

I think I'm going to drop -D_WCHAR_T into my local specs file just so
I can get back to working on what I'm supposed to be testing.  All the
places where Solaris does this typedef seem to be guarded by that macro.

Annoying that their headers go to remarkable lengths with namespace
issues, and then fall over on the "wchar_t is a builtin in C++" thing.