Re: Solaris build failure because of wchar_t handling?

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 04:08:50PM -0800, Joe Buck wrote:

> /usr/include/stdlib.h:61: declaration does not declare anything
>
> This is the Solaris-provided stdlib.h (why is this used unaltered?)

Solaris headers are close enough to standard that fixincludes just
installs some wrapping headers, instead of scanning and copying large
parts of /usr/include.  (I just discovered this recently.)  The 'fixed'
headers do some #define's and then include the real system headers.

> and line 61 says
>
> #ifndef _WCHAR_T
> #define	_WCHAR_T
> typedef long wchar_t;	// line 61
> #endif

Interesting.  I see you're on 2.5.1; I'm using [2.]8 and just got the
same failure not ten minutes ago.  Maybe because of the recent __wchar_t
removal and changing of the actual node type of wchar_t, if I recall the
patch correctly.

Phil