Re: gcc for HP-Unix 11.0

<<No it doesn't.  I can point you at a variety of important ways it doesn't work.

Well there are known bugs in virtually all ports of one kind or another,
but what I meant by work was that we have large customers running large
codes successfully. That does not mean it is bug free, but on the other
hand, the existence of a bug that you know about is not the same as
"not working". Of course we have also fixed a number of bugs since the
official 2.8.1 release, I don't know if any of these fixes are specifically
HPUX 11 related (quite a few are for sure specifically HPUX related).

Anyway, it sounds like what you are saying is that GCC 2.96 should work
at least as well as GCC 2.8.1 for HPUX 11, which is what is important
(at least from our point of view :-)