Re: Gcc extra alignment..

>[ Btw, is there any place with unarchived gcc sources on-line? I would
>  love to be able to browse things first to see if I could have verified
>  or disproved this report on my own first before posting noise on the
>  mailing list, but I'm not really willing to set up and track the
>  complete gcc CVS tree just to do the occasional browsing..  ]
>
  >    Linus

In addition to what Mr. Buck said, Sourceware has created an excellent
on-line x86 gcc compiler at
http://www.codesourcery.com/gcc-compile.shtml

It will give assembly output which is perfect for testing things such as you
are looking at (and with newish "-mintel-syntax" flag that assembly output
will even be readable!)

--
Kelley Cook