Gcc extra alignment..

I've gotten some reports about unnecessary alignment for the standard
macro construct "do { ...  } while (0)", and while I can't verify this
myself with my old gcc-2.91.66 installation I thought I'd mention the
complaint here in case somebody with the current snapshots can verify
whether it is fixed..

The report was that the code generated for macro expansion apparently
thinks of the do-while-loop as a loop (which it obviously isn't except
from a purely syntactic viewpoint), and generates ".p2align" assembler
directives at the beginning.

That would be bad if still true.  The alignment would obviously do
nothing but bloat the binary..

[ Btw, is there any place with unarchived gcc sources on-line? I would
  love to be able to browse things first to see if I could have verified
  or disproved this report on my own first before posting noise on the
  mailing list, but I'm not really willing to set up and track the
  complete gcc CVS tree just to do the occasional browsing..  ]

			Linus