status of C99 support in GCC?

(I also posted this to gcc-help, but perhaps this is a more
relevant forum.)

Couple of questions:

- do you know of a handy, online document that summarizes the
differences between the ANSI/ISO 1999 C language specification
and its predecessor 1989 specification?j

- does GCC 2.95.2 support some/all of the C99 extensions? If gcc
does offer C99 support, where is this described?

I found this brief mention on GCC projects page,
http://gcc.gnu.org/projects.html

Changes to support C99 standard
-------------------------------
The new version of the C standard (ISO/IEC 9899:1999) requires a number
of library changes; these have to be provided by the C library, and not
by gcc. In addition, there are also changes to the language proper, and
some compiler support is needed for the new library features. An
overview of the C99 implementation status is available.

which cross-references this document,
http://gcc.gnu.org/c99status.html
giving status, but I was uncertain as to whether this reflects
only the state of the development version of GCC, or a stable release,
like 2.95.2 - no version information is given.

- what are the plans to support C99 in GCC?  What version/timeframe is
likely to offer this support?