Re: Using of parse tree externally

> No, that's incorrect, Laurent is confused. The API I am talking about
> is a low level API to read the AST directly.

Well, I'm confused and I can't see why one would want to use the low
level API, which produces platform-dependant files with a binary
format changing from one GNAT version to another (am I right?),
instead of using the standard, stable and portable ASIS API to get
access to semantic information without being tied to the whole
compiler and having to deal with its associated licensing issues
(which is as far as I understand the subject of this discussion).

Could you enlighten us as for what purpose you think the low level API
is relevant (except as an implementation mean for ASIS)?

(I would call what tree_io does a disciplined core dump, real neat
trick ;-)

--
Laurent Guerby <guerby@acm.org>