Re: HP-PA ABI issues - framepointer handling

<<        Correct me if I am wrong, but GNAT currently uses its own
exception handling mechanisms and not the GCC/G++ exception handling
infrastructure, right?  I do not see how it is possible to be compatible
with G++ given your goal of compatibility with the native, system unwind
mechanisms.

David

Indeed, that's a conundrum, and we have to figure out how to best deal with
it. We originally wanted to implement exceptions in exactly the gcc manner,
but historically we needed exception support long before this got worked
out, so we had to go our own way in any case.

At this stage, we certainly have an absolute requirement to be able to
propagate exceptions through foreign code, and also to unwind through
foreign code for traceback purposes.

We would also like to be compatible with g++ exceptions.

We obviously can meet the first requirement but not the second by using
the compatible system unwind routine. But we can't meet the second
requirement this way.

We are trying to figure out the best approach.

So, no correction required, you are right :-)