Re: Unifying Bug Reporting Instructions

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> 1) The documentation should probably emphasise that the use of GNATS -
> either through the gccbug script or GNATSweb - is to be preferred

Yes, in fact I have been planing to do so. Once Alexandre has committed
the changes to bugs.html we discussed yesterday, I'm going to do so --
unless you beat me to it (i.e., consider such a change pre-approved). :-)

> (The gccbug script also includes the release involved, but could it be
> made to include an exact release with the date instead of just "2.97"?)

I think that's a very useful idea, yes. Want to give it a try? ;-)

> 2) The release script should include copies of the online bug
> reporting instructions in the release tarball.  The texinfo manual
> should refer to the location of this copy in the tarball as well as to
> the online instructions.
>
> 3) But, yes, given a copy in the release tarball, similar to how
> various webpages have been included in past release tarballs,
> unification is very desirable.

I couldn't agree more! Any patches in that direction would be highly
welcome, else I'll take care when I have a bit more time...

Gerald