Re: Unifying Bug Reporting Instructions

On Oct 12, 2000, Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> Unless I receive any such objections, I plan to remove the redundancy (and
> inconsistency) in our bug reporting instructions by removing them from the
> texinfo documentation and only referring to the web pages and GNATS.

> Thoughts?

While reviewing the on-line bug reporting instructions, this morning,
I was tempted to simply remove the reference to the instructions in
the manual.

However, think of someone who's composing a bug report off-line.
S/he'd probably appreciate having the (possibly out-dated)
instructions without having to connect to the network.

I think it would be a good thing to keep a summarized version of the
bug reporting instructions in the GCC manual, bug I agree the master
instructions should be those in the web pages.