RE: Using of parse tree externally

Dear all,

There are two areas that I have been looking into in the last months,
I am not finished and I did not want to raise false hopes, but I think some
of it might be of use :

one is the tree structure, which I have built a C++ Wrapper for and can
output it to a simple HTML/XML file.
After that I realised that you need to understand the grammar to understand
the nodes for a good part.

Then I was working on some modules to read the dump file produced with -Dy
when compiling.
Although only for the c-parse.y grammer, I have a set of perl modules that
will graph out
syntax trees and show *how* it is used and not just the what is possible.

I have made a interface for both to the VCG toolkit for displaying the
graphs.

Denis, The work is not done yet and still needs to be cleaned up, but maybe
it would be of interest to you?

Ideally we could output a parse tree *WITH* the Tree Nodes attached in a
rich XML file and post process them with XLST.

What do you think?

Mike