Database printing routine

I am trying to port a database from an alpha server to a linux server
running on Intel.  After some effort I have managed to get the entire
application to compile and run.  That is except the print routine which
compiles without any errors but if you run it you get segmentation errors.
gdb reveals the following.

(gdb) next
1538              iptr->prev->next = NULL;                 /* terminate
*/
(gdb) p iptr->prev->next
Cannot access memory at address 0x4
(gdb) next

0x8063bd3 in cfgird (hndl=1, bptr=0xbfffe414, recno=3, lock=1) at
cfgmgt.c:1538
1538              iptr->prev->next = NULL;                  /* terminate
*/
(gdb)

I have played around with this for an age and can not get it to work any
help with this would be most welcome.

David Robertson
david.robertson@noc.anglox.nhs.uk