Re: First release containing thread safe exceptions for Solaris ?

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 07:42:30PM -0400, Paul Duffy wrote:
> I ask this because my server executable is one of many included in our
> product.  The other developers are EXTREMELY reluctant to upgrade from
> 2.8.1.  What types of problems might the product encounter if my C++
> executable is compiled with say 2.95.2 and the rest of the platform is
> compiled with 2.8.1 ?  Library issues ?
>
> Cheers,

Unless you know that your program or libraries depends on some bug in
compiler, it is safe to have binaries compiled by different versions or even
different compilers. If your code will not work with gcc 2.95.2, it may be
because of some new feature/bug introducet by it. Please read gcc homepage
for this, especially section about -fstrict-aliasing.

Jan Dvorak <johnydog@go.cz>