Re: Why not gnat Ada in gcc?

Richard Kenner wrote:

>     Who is still programming in Ada? and why?
>
> This is *really* off topic, but basically Ada is the language of choice for
> safety-critical applications.  Much Ada programming nowadays in done in
> companies such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and Rockwell.  It is used
> for such applications as avionics, air traffic control, and military
> software.  Typical Ada applications are millions of lines of code.

It's worthwhile to remind the callow youths that the world does not actually
revolve around GCC bootstraps and recompilation of the Linux kernel. :-)

I'm for including GNAT sources in the repository, so that it can
act as a reminder that it's part of the Gnu Compiler Collection too.
If it's too onerous for a default checkout, it's always an option to
create appropriate modules for subsets.

Stan