Broken vtable-thunks

Have anybody looked into the broken vtable-thunks that are present
in 2.95.2 as well as 2.96 20000904? What could be done to circumvent the
problem when it hits me?

When I tried the patch from
applied on 2.95.2 it did me no good, on a simple test program it fixed the
bug in nonoptimized mode but in optimized mode then an instantiation of the
second leaf failed. On the target program it moved the crash from one of our
destructors to the constructor of fstream, where the call constructing went
bad.

Do anyone have any ideas to share?