Re: m68k MacOS target support?

    That sounds helpful.  Those kind of generic changes are probably
    welcome -- especially if they don't add much maintenance overhead, and
    if there are other architectures that have similarly unusual pointer
    formats.  (I don't know whether there are such beasts or not,
    honestly).

I suspect my feeling is the same as yours.  I don't *necessarily* see
these as useful for other architectures, but fell that adding support
for this, if done cleanly, is likely to be a worthwhile addition to
GCC since it may produce a level of abstraction in the handling of
pointers that might make *other* things easlier down the road.