fortran and c pointers in gcc 2.95.2

I recently built gcc 2.95.2 on a DEC Alpha box running OSF v4.(d?).  I
compiled and linked some code consisting of Fortran and C routines, the
latter mainly used for dynamic memory allocation.

Unfortunately, the code bombs during execution time (apparently) due to
the compiler's truncation of fortran pointer sizes, resulting in pointer
mismatch (4 bits for fortran and 8 bits for C).  I am aware that this
problem had existed in earlier versions of gcc; version 2.92.2 was not
supposed to do that.  Is there some switch that needs to be set in order
to prevent this behavior?

Regards,

Maciej