Removal of the texinfo directory

All my tests so far show that the texinfo directory can be removed as the
makefiles do handle it. The only remaining issue is the installation of the
supplied info files.

The current status is, that if configure doesn't find a suitable makeinfo,
it'll disable building *and* installation of the info files. I remember
Richard saying that the info docs should allways be installed. The change to
configure.in to do so would be trivial as the install-info target installs
the info docs via INSTALL_DATA and only calls the install-info prog after
verifying that it's the correct one.

But I don't know the issues involved when trying to view info docs generated
by a new version of makeinfo with an outdated info prog. Does that work?

If yes, I would make the necessary change to configure.in and remove the
texinfo directory from CVS.

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>
Development, SuSE GmbH, Schanzaecker Str. 10, D-90443 Nuremberg, Germany

#define NINODE  50              /* number of in core inodes */
#define NPROC   30              /* max number of processes */
 	-- Version 7 UNIX for PDP 11, /usr/include/sys/param.h