Re: const static initializers versionitis

Forgot to mention - tried that !

I want a "static" - so declaring it extern is specifically not
what I (ideally) would want. i.e. can't have an "extern static"
declaration.

$ g++ -c yy.cpp
yy.cpp:7: multiple storage classes in declaration of `bar'
yy.cpp:9: multiple storage classes in declaration of `tar'

------------ new yy.cpp ---------------
struct foo {
 const struct foo * y;
 char who[ 10 ];