Yet another tree question

Hello,

First, I would like to thank everyone who has helped me thus far, I really
appreciate it.

Now here comes the good part :)

Basically, the situation I'm in is this: I'm working on a research project
doing data dependency analysis.  We want to use GCC to help us with this
task.  This is the first time I have ever done anything related to
compilers, so I'm learning as I go.  Now, what we really want to do is use
the GCC tree structure to do our analysis on (basically, take the tree
before it is put into RTL form and work with that).  My job is to determine
the structure of the tree (and also if it is actually what we need).

Now, the problem is, I am only a summer intern.  Since the summer is waning
away, so is my job.  This leaves me with not enough time to wade through
1,000's of lines of code to find what I need.  Which brings me to my
question...Tim Josling provided me with his documentation on interfacing the
tree structure.  Thanks Tim, but I guess what I'm really looking for is
something more along the lines of "a declaration node is of the form..."
documentation.

I'm sorry to be such a slacker, and if you don't want to help me on that
principle alone, that's fine, I can understand that.  But, if anyone knows
if something like this exists, you would be a life-saver :)  Conversely, if
anyone knows that nothing like this exists, please let me know.

Thanks for enduring my email!!  And for your help!!!!

Dave Dolan
ddolan@andrew.cmu.edu