Re: GCC's statement expression extension

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Mark Mitchell wrote:

>     Richard> With as large a user base as we have, we cannot afford to
>     Richard> ignore these issues and if we try to, we'll surely hear
>     Richard> about it.
> We cannot afford to ignore them.  But, we do occasionally have to move
> forward as well.  Other compilers have even larger user bases -- and
> they have certainly tightened things up even more.

Sorry to butt in, but:

Out of curiosity: can you name a compiler with "even larger user base"
than GCC? I've been thinking hard, but failed to come up with anything.

--
/ Kamil Iskra  kamil@wins.uva.nl                                          \
| Section Computational Science, Faculty FNWI, Universiteit van Amsterdam |