Re: What is this patch doing?

> But iirc this splitter, and the branchy widgetry it replaced was an
> optimization was it not?  There was a simple jump around sequence
> when it couldn't figure out what to do.  Can you just output that
> (without splitting) at -O0?

Well, I could, but there are actually six patterns affected overall.
this means that the output pattern would be repeated in a non-splitted
form for each of these patterns.
And the splitters would all have to have a predicate
"reload_completed && optimize_size" .

Maybe we should rather fix the problem by changing split_all_insns so that
it calls rebuild_jump_labels when needed.

Or change try_split to call rebuild_jump_labels on the result - that
would even cover the case where final splits an insn just before outputting.