Re: GCC headers and DJGPP port

> The problem that triggered this thread is that GCC installs its own
> versions of some of those headers, which conflict with our system
> headers.

Let me take this from a different angle: Why exactly do these cause
conflicts? What exactly is the conflict? Please be as specific as
possible, e.g. providing a code example that works with only your
headers installled and breaks when ours are present (also indicate the
nature of breakage).

> In other words, we would like to make the DJGPP library development
> as independent from GCC development as possible, so that there would
> be no immediate need to release a new library version every time a new
> version of GCC is released, and no need for the users to download a
> new GCC version each time a new library release is out.

The best way to achieve this is to have gcc use the gcc-supplied
headers. Their exact contents is mandated by the ISO C standard, so
there is no need for you to change anything about it in the next ten
years. Just rely on gcc providing them, and be done.

Regards,
Martin