Re: Now GCC is really hosed...

Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> Removing files generated by such tools from CVS will strictly reduce the
> ability of folks like Kaveh or myself to continually test GCC on not-so-
> common platforms (as we are often using guest accounts with limited disk
> space to do so, for example).

Ah, here is the point where I have to be clearer than clear.  :-)
Mark Mitchell removed files from CVS.  I am proposing to RE-install
them, only to install them in a different place.  Further, all the
non-platform specific generated files would be so moved.
At configure time, it would be determined whether or not the
tools exist to regenerate these files.  If so, then at build
time the CVS generated files would be ignored and these files
would be regenerated during build.  If not, then the Makefiles
would be told to use a script to fetch the files out of the
CVS gen tree.  Nobody is saying you would have to have my
wierdo AutoGen thingey to build GCC from CVS.  Though I am saying
that the CVS server would have to have that tool.