RE: empty function optimizations

Rather, the function should only depend on sizeof(T), which would then be
mangled into the name.

> The tricky part, of course, is to define the exact mechanism for
> determining independence from template parameters.
..determining independence from aspects of the template parameter ***other
than sizeof(T)***.

This technology would go a long way towards countering one of the major
complaints people have with C++, namely code bloat.

JR