Re: My proposal for the libgcc runtime ABI (ia64 gcc/glibc is broken.)

    Wouldn't it be better to _not_ consider this to be part of libgcc, and
    instead have a well-defined EH record format and just tell people to use
    it in their system libraries. Possibly with example code (ie the current
    libgcc source for the problem at hand).

I've tried to stay out of this discussion, but my feeling is that the
functions in libgcc.a should be precisely the set of functions that
code in the core compiler (e.g., the main directory) generates calls
to and that are not part of a any standard C library: no more and no less.
In other words, they are the compiler support functions for GCC.