Re: namespace illogic or bug?

> The logic of this escapes me, and I am wondering if this is really
> the behaviour that the Standard is intending.  Can someone shine a light
> on this for me please?

The logic is that lookup of a qualified name proceeds completely
different from lookup of an unqualified name, in particular in the
presence of using directives. So yes, this is the behaviour intended
by the standard. However, please discuss C++ questions in one of the
public C++ fora first, eg. comp.lang.c++.moderated, or comp.std.c++.

Regards,
Martin