Fwd: Re: Patch reviewal (was: malloc(0) during exception throw & catch)

Subject: Re: Patch reviewal (was: malloc(0) during exception throw & catch)
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 14:31:34 +0700
From: Denis Perchine <dyp@perchine.com>

> > Yes, some stuff is more sexy than others.
> > I've had patches sit untouched on the mailing-list for over two months,
> > at which time they of course no longer work, since the core has moved
> > beyond that.
>
> Patches should never remain unreviewed for that long a period. Of course
> it may happen that a patch falls through the cracks, in which case a
> reminder after one month or so seems useful, but two months is a bit
> long.

I completely agree with you. Actually it just shows the organization of the project itself.
I came here from KDE team and after their very well organized structure it is quite
hard to accept this...

> Of course, we are a volunteer project, and considering that, it works
> amazingly well, but when it comes to BSD-specific patches, for example,
> Jeff is usually the only one taking care of them.
>
> Perhaps we need additional maintainers to take care of "non-sexy" stuff?

Sounds reasonable. Problem is who will do this? People are working for fun here.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Denis Perchine

E-Mail: dyp@perchine.com