Re: Tar with CVS now available

On Sat, 3 Jun 2000, Joe Buck wrote:

> Jeff, Mark, perhaps it would be an improvement to include the CVS
> directories in the snapshots on a regular basis.  Then we could
> encourage people to use FTP the first time and then switch to CVS.
> That would probably reduce load on servers, the first-time cvs
> checkout has to be a lot more expensive than an FTP transfer.

I'd agree with that.  The reason I actually created the above tar was that
my ISP gives free access but kicks people off every two hours.  With a
wget I can tell it to retry and continue bringing the line up and
continuing from where it left off in the ftp.  Lifes harder with CVS.

Dave

--
 ---------------- Have a happy GNU millennium! ----------------------
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert      | Running GNU/Linux on       |  Happy  \